Fr. Petar Vlasic, current parish priest in Medjugorje parish, passed away early this morning after having fought with difficult illness in the last few years.
Fr. Petar died in his 75th year of life, in his 51st year of priesthood and he was a priest for the last 47 years. He served in the various parishes as the parish vicar, the parish priest and the guardian of the monastery. He was in Medjugorje since 1999, and he was appointed as the parish priest in August 2007. His body will be exposed in the parish church of St. James on Friday, November 9 at 1 p.m. The funeral will start at 3 p.m. with Holy Mass in the church of St. James. He will be buried in graveyard Kovacica.
Eternal rest grant him, o Lord, may his soul rest in peace!
Fr. Petar’s parishes and services ever since he was ordained:
- Assistant parish priest in Humac from 1967-1969
- Parish priest in Rasno from 1969-1977
- Parish priest in Kongora from 1977 – 1983
- Province secretary from 1981 – 1988
- Assistant parish priest in Posusje from 1983 -1985
- Parish priest in Ljuti Dolac from 1985 – 1988
- Guardian and parish priest in Mostar in 1988
- Parish priest in Siroki Brijeg from 1988 – 1991
- Parish priest in Blagaj from 1991-1999
- De familia in Mostar in 1999
- Assistant parish priest in Medjugorje from 1999-2007
- Parish priest in Medjugorje from August 25, 2007 until the day of his death